To all legal Brookline voters,
The West River Modified Union Education District will have an Australian Ballot Vote on June 10, 2020.
- Brookline residents will vote at the town office from 9 AM - 7 PM with a few modifications.
- All voters will be required to wear a face mask while voting.
- All voters will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entering the town office, supplied by the town.
- There will only be two voters permitted entrance at a time and will be required to practice safe, social/physical distancing at all times.
While these are extremely challenging times for all, it is an important right for you to have the opportunity to cast your ballot for this important vote which will include the budget for the upcoming school year.
You are encouraged to seek alternate voting opportunities
Absentee/early voting is the safest and most effective way to cast your ballot and will be postage free ( town will pay postage).
To request an absentee ballot, use one of the following procedures.
- Go to the My Voter Page on the town website www.brooklinevt , select Resource Links on the left side navigation bar, under State Government heading , select " My Voter Page"
- Mail a request to the town clerks office: Town of Brookline, PO Box 403, Brookline, VT 05345.
- Email a request to the town: firstname.lastname@example.org . with mailing instructions. Due to Vermont election laws, we are not permitted to scan and email ballots unless you are serving in the military or a overseas voter.
- Call the town office, 802-365-4648 and leave a voice mail with mailing instructions.
If you do not wish to mail in your absentee ballot, you may drop it in the mail slot located in the back door of the office, 7/24.
All Absentee ballots must be returned by 7 PM, June 10, 2020 to be counted.
The warning for this annual meeting can be reviewed at the bottom right side of the Brookline website www.brooklinevt as well as the bulletin boards around town: Corner of Hill Road & Grassy Brook Road, bottom of Whitney Hill Road, in front of the town office.
If you have further questions or concerns, give us a call, leave a contact number where we can reach you, and the best time to call you back. We will monitor emails and voice mails on a daily basis.
Remember your voice is your vote, please make every attempt to participate in this event.